Wednesday, August 09, 2006

National Dog Walk 2006 Part 2

Uncle Pt and I waited for more dogs to arrive and they sure did. Most of their owners looked relieved while some were carrying their tiny canines in. We all settled down and many began keen inspections of the goodie bags.

We had just settled down in a shady spot when some terriers found their way to our mats. Ginger, the 1 and a 1/2 wire fox terrier, and her parents came by and Party was so taken by Ginger that he could hardly take his eyes and paws off her.
Then another terrier and his parents wandered over. Fuzzy is a 14-year-old Lakeland Terrier who was rescued by his parents when he was about 6. Gosh! He must be the most well-fed terrier we ever know 'cos he roams freely to inspect the parties going on but make no attempts to beg for food!

All of our proud parents got their cameras (and camera-phones) and began snapping away as if we are all celebrities. I guess we gorgeous terriers - both wires and lakelands - are hardly common in Singapore and our parents enjoy the chance to bond and compare terror... terrier tales.

I love meeting people who also owned terriers too, cos they never ask if we are schnauzers or some funny breeds (it has happened so many times that we found it really offensive cos we are simply two different breeds!) and truly know how to celebrate our delightful antics.

The finale of the event is singing the national song! Ooo... lots of people stood proudly to attention as the music began. Sensing that good things might follow the song, Party wisely rose to attention too...

And he was right! How can a birthday celebration be without a birthday cake?
Both Party and I truly thought that we were deserving of this treat since we had walked hard for it. I was apprehensive at first, but mummy took a bite and I suppose that it was alright for my waistline. Also, from the corner of my eye, I saw Party and Fever finishing up theirs and I figured that I had better hurry...
After the tasty snack, Party and I were pretty much contented to be lazing around and wait for the lucky draw to call on our numbers. After all, if our numbers were picked, we would win an enormous amount of dry food which would feed us for ages.

Fever was however not contented. She was caught canvassing for more snacks and was told off by her mummy several times. Gosh, it must be embarrassing for Fever to be told off in front of so many people!


Fever has been brought back for the umpteenth time and I thought that I would not be caught dead being told off in public. I am determined to be on my best-est behaviour and wait for the next outing!

Cheers,
Mango (and Party)

No comments: