Sunday, August 20, 2006

My curious friend at the run

Mum and Uncle Pt brought us to the West Coast Dog Run, bright and early on Saturday morning!

Party was naughty and had to be leashed while I get free run. It was really funny cos it was the first time I met and played with this dainty swift-running breed (Italian Greyhounds), in a pack! They are a cute-looking lot, cos they looked serrious or worried most of the time!

They were friendly enough towards me, but strangely, they would run away whenever mum or Uncle tried to pat them (and boy they are fast, graceful runners). So it was up to me to be PR. I ventured over to their benches and proudly stood out as the only one with rather messy just-woke-up wiry hairdo.


It looked like one of them noticed I stood out from his kind. He was really curious about me! He followed me all over to sniff my butt so many times that even mum could recognise that particular IG was following me. In between the butt-sniffs, we did manage to get some play and it was fun to see him run:


Hey! I was checking out the other dogs and there he was, sniffing my butt again. That is me, trying to warn him, and he was pretending that he was not following me!

Oh well... if you can't beat them, join them..

After some play and more butt-sniffs, I decided that I have had enough. Maybe the worried IG looks and persistence with butt-sniffing is putting me off. Boy... I hope nothing is wrong with my butt...


Finally, I managed to lose my follower and enjoyed some solo time! I'm a wire and I wanted to have some time on my own to enjoy the huge running space!

We hung around till it got too hot. I think my poor IG friend got abit disappointed when I left. He was lingering around at our bench, looking worried again. Boy, that is sure alot of worrying that he did and I wonder why... and it makes me glad to be a happy wire!

Wiry loves,

Mango and Party

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try butt-sniffing Bobbe's & they might get a "rude surprise" look instead of worrying look cos Bobbe farts often & stinks! Hahahah

fee said...

dear ma,

i can't believe you flirted with someone else right in front of ah pa! didn't ah pa do his usual 'stay away from my wife' growl? o dearie me, i need some therapy...

your daughter,
fee

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

Ha ha ha I love the one with the multiple greyhounds following you - it looks like a chase scene out of a horror movie!

So glad you got in some fun at the park!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Mango and Party said...

Oh hoo,

I can't imagine how they will react if they sniff up some farts... heehee...

And dear Fee, ah pa was naughty and so he could only watch from far. Later, he went around making friends with some terriers too anyway and I am not complaining!

It was fun and we sure hope to go to the park again soon!

Loves,
Mango and Party

Mango and Party said...

Dear Butchy and Snickers,

We will have to check out the UPS money orders I guess or find out how the Paypal account works!!

Loves,
Mango and Party

Sunshade said...

I think the IG just thought you were very sexy.....and he couldn't get enough "sniff" of you LOL!!

Love nibbles,
Miss Sunshade

jaffeboy said...

Hey there, the next time you plan to be there again, pls drop me a line. I'll try to be there too! It'll be fun with all the terrors around!

I hang out @ the Bishan dog run almost everyday. Getting a little bored of the place unless there are new friends.

Jaffe

Wired for Mackie said...

Wish I had a cool dog park to visit, but alas not. Mom did take me to the dog show this past weekend and that was fun. The WFT won Beast in the Terrier Group and she was the only WFT. Fun! I think my brother Ollie would like the IG's they can run as fast as he can!

Your pal, Mackie

Mango and Party said...

We are going to the run again on sunday morning. All paws' crossed for good weather! (wondering if the IGs will be coming).

P.S. Mackie, Ollie will like IGs? Oh my... mum was worried at first about me playing with them cos I might be too rough for them. Oh look at their long slender legs!

Wiry loves,
Mango & Party

jaffeboy said...

What time do you usually reach there huh?

I have to see which uncle is willing to drive all of us there. Need advance warning... hehehe

Mango and Party said...

hey Jaffe!

i think we will be there about 9 plus in the morning, or 10 would be safe!!

crossing paws for good weather,
Mango and Party

Anonymous said...

Cool. I manage to ask my fav Uncle & Auntie for a ride! My family doesn't have a car. See U at about 10am. I wonder if Fee will want to go as well?!

Mango and Party said...

Oh yeah, Fee will be going! Just go look for the mat where lots of humans are, and where there should be 3 wfts, a couple of poodles and prob some sausagy dogs!

Wiry loves,
Mango and Party

jaffeboy said...

Yipeee!!!! Fingers cross fingers cross!!! I hope no rain then I will try to reach by 9.30am I want to ask PaPa to take nice pictures of all of us!!!

WCDR, here we come. All other visitors, watch out for Terrierist attack!!! hehehe

Grayscale said...

It looks like a lovely Park... but I am apprehensive if there are ticks and fleas abound... is it at Pet Movers?